If you manage a web site, you know how important it is to know what's there, how fresh it is, how it may affect performance, and how it's interconnected. CAT provides content inventories that allow you to manage the content on your web site and keep track of changes over time.
How Site Managers Use Content Inventories
- Keep accurate track of website content: How much content do we have and where is it?
- Monitor content upkeep: When was this content last updated?
- Maintain content standards: Are URL page naming conventions being followed? Does content have appropriate meta descriptions and tags?
- Plan for dynamic pages and content re-use: What types of content do we have to work with: text, images, video, sound, etc?
Use CAT to run regular updates of your content inventory, keeping track of what has been added, changed and removed over time. CAT will help you quickly assess what content you have, where it lives and when it was last updated as well as if patterns and metadata conventions are followed. Regularly updated inventories can offer considerable help in planning content creation, revision, re-use and archiving.
How CAT Helps
- Provides a comprehensive list of all files on the site, by MIME type
- Allows you to run periodic crawls and use the job comparison feature to identify what's been changed, added, or deleted
- Provides date last updated so you can track content freshness
- Provides list of all links into and out of each page so you can manage cross-linking and redirects
- Screenshots of every page allow you to track the design of the site over time and know when a template or design was changed
- File size data allows you to identify pages that may have performance problems
- URL structure and metadata information lets you assess how well your site may rank for SEO
- Track changed content so you can focus QA and testing resources most effectively
Regularly Updated Content Inventories Enable
- Content development, re-use and archival schedules
- Content audits for SEO, in-website linking relationships, and outbound links
- Content audits of voice, tone, style and brand standards
- Content types for page or component templates
Learn more about how CAT can help you track your content and manage and maintain your website.